From . .. poMMo .. .
(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision | Newer revision→ (diff)
Welcome to the home of the poMMo Project! poMMo is Mailing List/Newsletter software written in PHP and freely provided under the [GPL]. Unique Features such as the ability to mail subsets (or "groups") of subscribers instead of the whole list set poMMo apart from its alternatives.
- poMMo is not email discussion list software such as GNU Mailman. It is a flexible platform intended for one way communication with subsribers. It is being used for weekly newsletters, product announcements, and whatever else you can imagine. Please let us know where you are using poMMo by visiting our In the Wild page.
18:32, 27 April 2006 (EDT)
- The bMail project is changing names to poMMo; a reference to "Post Modern" transmission of information and an acronym for... well, we haven't yet decided. See the poMMo page. We are changing names so as not to confuse our project with Infopack's bmail MS Windows based bulk mailer.
02:32, 26 April 2006 (EDT)
- I've released a snapshot of Aardvark PR11 for your testing pleasure. For those of stronger heart, please try it out and provide feedback. You can download it from the CVS Snapshot area of the Development page. Updated install guide is Here.
- Aardvark PR10.2 has just been released. The release addresses several bugs and pilots a new configuration and URL schema. When upgrading, please be sure to update your subscription form and config.php file. All changes can be found here.
04:48, 12 April 2006 (EDT)
- Join our new Mailing List to recieve announcements and security notices. You can also subscribe as a contributing volutneer! We're currently seeking designers, PHP/MySQL gurus, and translators to aid in the development of bMail.
23:04, 6 April 2006 (EDT)
- ALERT: Users of PR10 should immediately upgrade to PR10.1 - A bug exists in PR10 where recipients are not cleared from a mailing, resulting in subscribers receiving a mailing MULTIPLE (possibly 1000s depending on list size) times as well as seeing the addresses of others on the list.
16:25, 5 April 2006 (EDT)
- Aardvark PR10 is here. This is a milestone release for bMail featuring advanced mail throttling, support for up to 4 SMTP relays, and many bug fixes. See the Release Notes for all changes. The new mail processor, multiple SMTP relays, and throttling system need extensive testing. Please provide your feedback!
18:34, 30 January 2006 (EST)
- bMail is currently in pre-release state. While it is still usable and in production use on a few semi-large sites, more features must be implemented before Aardvark reaches release candidate status. A list of features required for Aardvark 1.0 can be found at our Bugs + Requests page. Additionally, changes can be tracked from the dev blog in the Development area.
- In the meantime, please try the script and let us know your experiences, wants, and needs. If you are having any troubles, let us know!